From FAS Virtual Worlds Almanac
The Federation of American Scientists have begun to to compile a comprehensive online review of virtual worlds, the engines that are used to create virtual worlds, and related information (including news, reviews, and links to other Websites of interest). It is our hope that visitors to our site will not only learn more about virtual worlds, but that they will also contribute to our research and even correct it when necessary. Our primary area of focus in creating this compendium is to promote the use of virtual worlds as ideal tools to enhance learning and professional training. However, we hope that this project will encompass all known virtual worlds across a wide range of venues and purposes, and that anyone with an interest in this area will eventually come to this Wiki to seek answers to their questions -- as well as helping us to fill in some of the blanks in our overall knowledge base.
Any user or IP who breaks these rules will be banned.
- We use a copyleft license for our site. Do not upload copyrighted text or non fair-use images.
- No vandalism, nonsense or link spamming.
- Be civil with other editors if conflicts arise.
- Follow administrators when directed.
Users are expected to follow these guidelines when writing articles.
- Write from a neutral point of view that fairly represents the subject.
- Page deletion: All pages on this wiki should be related to virtual worlds in some fashion. Because people may disagree as to what is a virtual world, we err on the side of inclusion. However, pages that are not about virtual worlds or related issues will be deleted.