From FAS Virtual Worlds Almanac
|Use and Demographics|
|Primary use(s)||Education, Community|
|Level : Elementary|
|Intellectual Property rights for content||No|
|Real Money Trading||Yes|
|Graphical and Content Features|
|Complex 3-D, such as a realistic human body||No|
|Scripting for objects||No|
|Duplication of content for multiple users||No|
|Management and Privacy|
EekoWorld is designed to help children between the ages of 6 and 9 learn about the important role they can play in taking care of the earth. EekoWorld (Environmental Education for Kids Online) features an engaging and interactive format that invites children to explore, experiment, and collaborate as they learn about conservation and the environment.
Through the two main Web site interactive games, children will be able to create their own unique land-, air- or water-dwelling EekoCreature, help the creature overcome environmental issues, and explore their own EekoHouse, a simulation resembling their real home life that shows how decisions they make affect the environment and their EekoCreature.
• introduce children to the basic elements of ecosystems;
• foster an increased awareness of pollution producers;
• display the effects of pollution on plants and animals, as well as the land, air and water;
• examine both local and global conservation acts;
• highlight innovative and creative technologies that minimize pollution;
• encourage collaboration and community efforts to improve the environment;
• foster the sharing of conservation efforts and ideas in the moderated EekoExchange Forum.
The Web site also includes specially designed lesson plans, designed for use in the K-4 classroom, as well as family projects and activities, designed for use in the home and out-of-school settings.
For Teachers :
EekoWorld provides children with a wide array of information and invites them to explore many different environmental perspectives. It is designed to help children learn about complex issues by providing concrete, hands-on, developmentally appropriate activities that inspire creativity and imagination.
EekoWorld features a list of fifteen lessons divided into 5 grades : 
- KinderGarten Lessons
- Dramatic Learning : Reduce, Recycle, Reuse
- What did we see ?
- Home Sweet Home
- Grade 1
- Clean Air Detective
- We're all in this together
- Trahs, Trash and more Trash
- Grade 2
- Tree Branch Poems
- Telling Tales
- The Same old Water
- Grade 3
- Splashing Fish, Singin Whales & Rainforest Trails
- The Air around Us
- Junk Mail
- Grade 4
- Buy Green
- Eeko Travelers
- Lunchtime investigation